Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Fantastic Tulsa Films

Hopefully you had the opportunity to see Jack Frank's one hour program on PBS last night at 9:00 pm. It aired statewide on public television due to sponsorship by ARVEST BANK.



I was riveted to my TV and tears welled up in my eyes several times while viewing it. My teenage son sat and watched with me. We are both native Tulsans. We both agreed we want to be downtown later this year to see the 1957 Plymouth Belvedere unearthed from its 50 year old vault.

This film is a treasure
. Jack Frank has done us all a tremendous service by compiling, editing, and narrating this film. It is a collection of old home movies and videotape spliced together in a flow of Tulsa's history. And there's more to come!

I think this should be required viewing by all Tulsa Public School children.

We have a glorious past. There are famous moviestars and politicians, downtown parades, beauty queens, long lost and forgotten airstrips, early Mohawk Park and the Tulsa Zoo, IPE and the Golden Driller, and much, much more.

No comments: